[wplug-internet] Virtual Server

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:58:20 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

I'd like to get the WPLUG virtual server project back on track.  I
think the easiest way to do this would be for you (the treasurer) to
signup with Slicehost for one year of service.

Their signup process is kind of unusual.  They have a backlog of
requests for servers, so you have to get into a queue.  When your turn
comes up, you have 48 hours to remit payment via credit card.  If you
don't, you have to get back into line.

Back at the end of July, I got into line, went on vacation, missed my
chance to get in, etc.  The queue is only about one week if you're
signing up for a year, so I think it only reflects that they're a
small operation.

I just think it would be easier for the treasurer or the board to do.
You (the board) know what information you want to give when you sign
up (billing, etc.)

Once we have the server, the internet committee would be happy to
begin moving the services over.

Take your time, ask whatever questions you want, and keep us in the loop.

Thanks,

Mike