[wplug-erie] Re: LUG Meeting Ideas

John M Rice john.m.rice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:34:19 EDT 2008

We are looking for volunteers to give talks on the listed info below. If you
would like to do a talk on something that is not listed then please feel
free to volunteer for that too. LUG meetings are held on the first  Saturday
of every month, and so when you pick a subject then please pick the date you
would like to speak.

Items to discuss include:
- Scripting in Linux (this could be split into two, a basic and an advanced
scripting discussion)
- Networking in Linux, hows it work? (wired and wireless) what apps to use?
etc.
- Print Servers - Samba and CUPS
- Samba File Servers
- Databases (MySQL) (Apache could also be added to this one and consolidate
the subjects)
- Apache Server (How to setup Name Virtual Hosting with SSL)
- Setting up LDAP server (a replacement for Windows Domain controllers?)
- Backup Solutions, What software do you use and how dose it work?
- Asterisk*

So ya, I am trying to setup dates with talks that way James and I are not
running around at the last minute like chickens with our heads cut off
trying to get talks together for meetings that are the next day and such ...

Questions, comments concerns, gripes, and complaints, yell at me.

Mike
--
~{ Who is Grace? | http://whoisgrace.com/ }~
http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=1052867 ||