[wplug-erie] Next meeting

John M Rice john.m.rice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 12:40:04 EDT 2007

going to go ahead and posting the info here, I wil update the website and
post more info tonight, seems my dns at work is acting up and i cant resolve
erielug.org ... or any of my other sites for that matter... hopefully it
will be an easy fix.

anywho~

October 20th
>From 10am-4pm
Hamot Heart Institute, across the Bay-front from Blasco Library
MAP<http://maps.google.com/maps?li=d&hl=en&f=d&daddr=120+E+2nd+St,+Erie,+PA+16507+%28Hamot+Heart+Institute%29&geocode=642127979081058355,42.133998,-80.085948&dq=Hamot+Heart+Institute,+East+2nd+St.&cid=42133998,-80085948,3147239773329080855&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1>
As always, free parking.
Conference Rm 2 and 3 this time.
These rooms have A/C Power, plenty of space, and two Ethernet Jacks.

I talked with the Network Rep from Hamot, we should be able to have Internet
access for our meeting, (each room already has a drop that is dhcp'd, but I
just wanted to make sure that its OK for our use.) Hamot may try to just run
wi-fi access for us. I will keep you guys updated on the Internet access.

If all else fails, I can just run a line from my network upstairs to the
conference rooms and get access to us (I am just lazy and would rather not
do the work though).

If you plan on doing an install, bring any equipment you will need, power
strips, monitors, PC's/laptops, etc.  If anyone has extra hubs, routers or
switches, bring them too... I would rather have the equipment on hand and
not need it than not have it and need it.
If you plan on setting up feel free to show up at 9am if you want.

I will update the website later this week.

questions, comments, concerns yell at me.
Mike
john.m.rice at gmail.com
814-397-4000