[wplug-erie] I Got Two /homes

John M Rice john.m.rice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:23:48 EDT 2007

how are your partitions setup?

I usually just set mine up with

device               mount point           type
/dev/hda1                /                       ext3
/dev/hda2               swap                 swap
/dev/hda3                /home                ext3

if you are only getting the /dev/hda1 mounted at startup, and need /dev/hda3
then I guess you could just add it to /etc/fstab ... look here for fstab
info : http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/fstab.html   um... not sure how you
would point your old home to your new home though, unless you just del /home
first... maybe ubuntu is smart enough to know when it mounts /dev/hda3 that
location is where its new home is? other than that im not sure man.