[wplug-erie] re: All about ___________

Ryan R. Schuster ryan at myerstechservices.com
Tue Jul 10 14:43:37 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan R. Schuster
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:48 AM
To: Craig V. Myers
Subject: All about ________.

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:41:36 -0400
> From: "John M Rice" <john.m.rice at gmail.com>
> Subject: [wplug-erie] All about ______.
> To: wplug-erie at wplug.org
>
> OK so I was thinking of what to do for our next meeting. I thought it
> would
> be neat to do a little install fest, but then what. So I install some
> software and then what can I do with it, how can i edit it, how can I
> personalize it to my taste? So here is what I was thinking. We could
> do an
> "All about Insert your idea here." An example of this could be an
> install of
> Ubuntu. Basically a install of any (or every) OS there is, but with
> tons of
> useful info about how to do things to it once it is installed.
>
> I am thinking of doing an Ubuntu install and then tools, tips, and
> tricks to
> get it up and running just right.
>
> I have also downloaded the new Gentoo OS. I don't know much about it
> so that
> will be something much later for me to play with.
>
> What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good idea. Have you guys come up with a venue yet? We
can offer our storefront for use. Myers Technology Services, 26th and
Cranberry, across from Hunters Inn. We have high speed Internet, and
Wireless N Capabilities. Also we have a 42 inch LCD set up that can be
used for displaying what's on a computer screen. If you guys are happy
with the accommodations, we'd be happy to talk about using this as a
normal meeting place.