[wplug-erie] Need Simple Program

Cindy Murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Fri Jan 12 13:59:43 EST 2007

A fairly crude way to do it would be with a bash script that disabled
the network interface connected to the net and re-enabled it after an
hour, or however long you wanted to set it, with 'sleep'.  Crude but
effective.  You could run that script as a cron job, or manually
whenever you wanted to.  You could do the opposite, a script that
enabled it when you want also.  I imagine you could do the same with
firewall rules.  I've never done anything with linux firewalling, but
OpenBSD has a firewall called pf which allows you extensive control of
your network.  Here at work my firewall rules are four pages long when
printed.  :)

c.