[wplug-erie] Need Simple Program

Logan ascii at psu.edu
Fri Jan 12 13:41:42 EST 2007

> Thats the nice thing about open source.  You want somethig bad
> enough, you'll become a programmer.

wait, why's that nice, or about open source?
The same could be said of Windows - if you want it badly enough,
you'll make it yourself.

I think he was hoping the nice thing about open source was that there
were enough tools so that someone more knowledgeable than he could
throw something together for him in a few minutes.

I've never had to do anything with dial-up in Linux, or with per-user
network access. So I can't throw anything together for you. Sorry.

If you do have to learn to program, I recommend Perl, as there are
easy ways of running system commands and the syntax makes a lot more
sense than Bash.

-Logan