[wplug-erie] dual boot laptop over heating

Seth Keiper skeiper at c-wd.net
Thu Aug 23 12:36:41 EDT 2007

Also, when you say "customized user-mode kernels," do you mean this user
compiled their own kernel? If so, then look towards a more generic kernel
and see if it helps. Also, make sure where the fan blows out is definitely
clear of any junk. I usually blow out the heatsink and all, this is where I
notice most of the overheating is rooted from. What distro is being used by
chance? There are some distros that have had issues running on Linux.

Seth Keiper @ C-WD.NET
skeiper at c-wd.net
http://www.c-wd.net
http://c-wd.net/GetFireFox/