[wplug-erie] Meeting

John M Rice john.m.rice at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:53:38 EDT 2007

Originally posted on http://erielug.org/

Time: 1100

Date: 05 May 07

Place: Hamot Heart Institute (across the street from Blasco Library)

Meeting in the 3rd Conference Room., Signs will be posted inside, and there
is free parking.

Google Directions<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hamot%20Heart%20Institute%20120%20E%202nd%20St%2C%20Erie%2C%20PA&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl>

I will be talking about Linux based firewalls, specifically, IPCop and
Smoothwall, and more so Smoothwall sense that is what I have the most
experience with.

Still need a few things:

   - Bring your Laptops, Windows, Linux, Macs, It doesn't matter. Also
   bring an Ethernet cable if you need one.
   - I can bring my own Linksys WiFi Router, but it would help if we had
   another.
   - Anyone with an IPCop Firewall is welcome to bring it, as I only have
   1 extra PC and will only be installing Smoothwall.
   - Assuming I can get another Router, and an IPCop Box, I'll need help
   setting up. If you are interested, call me; we should probably meet at 0900.

If I have missed anything, ask, if you have questions, comments, or
concerns, email, or call me.

If anyone needs help finding the place or anything else, call or shoot me an
email.

Mike

814-397-4000 (work cell - I usually carry this)

john.m.rice at gmail.com