[wplug-erie] Make

madsej at alum.rpi.edu madsej at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Oct 22 11:18:38 EDT 2006

I thought make was included under another core rpm package, but in
Fedora, I get the following:

[madsenj at localhost ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/make
make-3.80-7

meaning the binary package was installed as make-3.80-7.rpm

I'm not as familiar with the Debian package management system, but the
following site that shows how to compile make from source

http://arch.debian.org/arch/private/srivasta/

I assume this will work under Edubuntu.

Also, this page has binary deb files:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/make

The source can be downloaded from ftp.gnu.org, but I don't know whether
source can be built w/o some version of make installed. Hope this helps.

Jesse