[wplug-erie] http://erie.wplug.org back online

Jesse Madsen madsej at alum.rpi.edu
Sun May 28 18:30:19 EDT 2006

Hi Beth,
Thanks for helping initiate this. I'd like to introduce and tell you a
bit about myself to provide some idea of my aspirations for ErieLUG. I'm
a 28 year old Engineer working at GE's locomotive assembly plant. I've
been using Unix (starting with IRIX) since I began College in '95 and
GNU/Linux since '99 (mostly Red Hat / Debian with sporadic tinkering in
Free BSD). I currently run Fedora 4 & 5 for desktop & laptop
respectively. I don't hate Windows, but just never felt the need to
reinstall after my windows hard drive consumed itself last year.
My Linux related interests are geared towards scientific computing
(simulation, operations research...). For these, I use Python almost
exclusively with the occasional need to compile a C or Fortran library
with SWIG. I also enjoy 3D modelling in Blender and some music
composition with Rosegarden (so many apps, so little time).
Personally, I see the ErieLUG meetings as an opportunity to improve my
skills and network with people who have more experience. I also see
potential opportunities to start projects with people who have similar
interests. I'm interested to hear what you think about Erie LUG's
potential/prospects. I look forward to meeting you.

Take care,
Jesse Madsen