[wplug-erie] Wireless

Bruiex A-right a-bruiexjr at lycos.com
Wed Jun 21 08:01:38 EDT 2006

I am about to purchase a Belkin wireless card for my PowerMate Eco should I stick to the g ($27) or move on up to the new n ($100). Belkin is suppose to be the best g supported card for linux but I do not know if linux has driver support for the n side of things. Anyone fussed with the 802.11n yet?

All the boxes state you can stream video on n as appose to g, but I am streaming video pretty good at only 768 kbps ethornet. So why do they claim you can not do it with a g connection? Or is that just marketing doing its job?

"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and coal run out before we tackle that. I wish I had a few more years left." -- Thomas Edison