[wplug-erie] What do you use Linux for?

Grey grey at net.arrivetech.com
Tue Jun 7 17:40:34 EDT 2005

So, can I assume from Just Bill's comment, that not much traffic comes
to the list ;-D.

Based on the "don't know about the topic" part, heres a better question
that anyone can answer;

	"What do you use Linux for?"

No, this isn't a "whats it good for, becasue I don't see a point", but
more a way of getting people to talk about their favorite topic;
themselves ;-) But, in relation to Linux.

Maybe some use it "just because", but I'm guessing there's more to it
than that. I suppose I'm trying to find out what level people are at,
and trying to see what I can learn.

Um... Suppose I should go first... Damn... Erm

I use linux for:
 * Programming (Mostly C and C++, but Perl, Tcl/Tk.. Trying to get into
Python).
 * Learning (Which never stops....)
 * My Home Servers, and Laptops. Dialup Gateway
 * At Work as Servers, and Network Equipment.
 * "Just Because" (Hey, I'm honest... #shrug# I just like it)
 * Most of my Email (this mail coming to you from mutt ;-)

That covers most of it...

Right.. NEXT!!! ;-D

-Grey