[wplug-erie] PennState Interest

Keith Walters kwalters at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 14:48:00 EST 2005

Hey All,

Well after our meeting in January I started to investigate the
interest for students to participate in the Erie LUG. After talking
with the head of the Behrend Computer Science Organization, Gary
Walker, he thought that quite a few of their students would be
interested. Probably around 1/2 a dozen. Then he said if we came and
gave a presentation of our goals or something then we might get a full
dozen or so + faculty members. I also met with another faculty member
who said he can't really interact with a LUG on a regular basis but
would be more than willing to give a talk on using Postscript to do
simple graphic fractals.

So what are you guys thinking? Did anyone get ahold of Mercyheurst?
The BCSO meets on the last monday of the month. One of the things they
are going to start as a project is making a linux cluster, so alot of
their goals coincide with ours.

Well I have to get back to class, so I'll talk to you later.
-Keith