[wplug-erie] New ErieLUG Site, Forum and IRC Channel!

Lukasz Karapuda mlists at karapuda.com
Tue Oct 12 16:40:58 EDT 2004

Brint,

Wonderful! I see that you are serious about making this LUG work.
Considering the magnificent number of users that have responded to your
last post I think the LUG is definitely going to work, even better than
ever before.

I am a little dissapointed that everybody seems to think that the
Library is a good meeting place. The disadvantages of the library are:
- only a single laptop can be connected to the internet;
- the project is crappy and doesn't work with most laptops;
- there is no dektop computer available for presentations if somebody
doesn't have their own laptop;
- it's not convinient for the Mercyhurst folks because most students
don't have a car;
- there is no restaurant/coffee shop available in the library (or is there?)

Advantages of meeting at Mercyhurst College:
- smart classroom for talks  - desktop PC + projector + laptop hookup +
internet;
- wireless access in coffee shop (Starbucks) and Student Union;
- restaurant available on site in cafeteria, student union and coffee shop;

Lukasz Karapuda