[wplug-erie] ErieLUG Resurrection

Lukasz Karapuda mlists at karapuda.com
Thu Oct 7 18:50:32 EDT 2004

Brint,

I have been involved in the Erie LUG since last spring. I have organized
the Install Fest at Mercyhurst College last spring. I am a senior at
Mecyhurst College and live on campus. I work for the IT department and
therefore have access to pretty much whatever we need as far as
technology, internet access and rooms on campus. We had LAN, wireless
and a SMART classroom with projector on the last installfest. I am
pretty confident that we could organize meetings at MC campus if the
other folks are interested.

I am a friend of Roger Griffiths, who posted to this list earlier
today.  We have a bunch of Linux users on campus that would be glad to
participate in Erie LUG meetings. In fact the official Mercyhurst Linux
User Club is to be created this year. We plan to spend the money
obtained from the college on preparing and distributing various Linux
distributions on CD among the students and faculty.

I am glad to see the initiative still present!

Lukasz Karapuda