[wplug-erie] Is there any interest in generating revenue for the LUG?

T Johnson TRJ at linuxwaves.com
Sat May 8 01:47:29 EDT 2004

At this point perhaps it would be helpful to point out that ErieLUG is an open group,and if one from PSB were interested in joining to see more about Linux they would be welcome to do so. Perhaps then one of their own could,in time,be comfortable with doing the project themselves. It may even be interesting for the group to observe such an endeavor. But at this time I´m inclined to agree with the others that being contracted to do this may be a bit too much. But to have this kind of experience happen somewhere inside or near the group,or in the distant future as a pet project (maybe not for financial gain) could benefit all. I would like for us to be able to have some kind of project in the next year,even if we were to help with Docs and How-To´s just to give us some purpose in the community. But again,that´s just an opinion.  Tom
PS: I´m actually kind of flattered that they would present this to us.

Tom's AutoQuote: "You have moved your Mouse, Windows will now Reboot"

--- Just Bill <bill at justbill.org> wrote:
I would agree with the general opinion forming.  I don't see Erie LUG
needing a large revenue stream at this point anyways.  If a memeber
wanted to do this for their own personal profit, I don't have a problem
with that, but as an Erie LUG thing I"m against it.

Just Bill
www.justbill.org