[wplug-erie] Erie's first GUM

Teodorski, Chris cteodorski at MahoningCounty.org
Mon Mar 29 13:47:03 EST 2004

Hello everyone,

It's official, Erie now has a LUG!

Our first General Users Meeting (GUM) was held this Sunday at the Blaso
Library.  Thanks to all who helped plan, those who presented and thanks to
those who attended to make our GUM a success.  Aside from a few technical
glitches things ran smoothly.  Suggestions were taken for additional meeting
topics and I'm going to be looking into finding some resources who might be
willing to talk on those topics.  I will post any details to the list.

We are still planning on moving ahead with an Installfest in April.   I
believe Bill Bukowski is working on some of the logistics for the
Installfest and additional information will be posted to the list when he
has gathered it.

Also, I am considering trying to get in touch with the Erie Times-News and
see if they wouldn't be interested in writing an article about Linux and our
LUG.  If I do this, would anyone be interested in working with me on this?

Also, if anyone is interested, I can post the slides from the presentation
to the website.

Thanks,

Chris