[wplug-erie] LUG in Erie, let's make it happen

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Tue Jan 6 12:26:50 EST 2004

Hello,

I just wanted to start this list off with some words of encouragement.

I've helped a LUG thrive (WPLUG) and I've seen a LUG die (PittLUG)
but I have a good feeling about this current attempt to start a LUG in
Erie.

Believe it or not, you are on the fast track to making things happen.
You have a prospective meeting location.
You now have a mailing list.
You have a good group of local Linux enthusiasts interested in forming a LUG.
You have a plan for determining what kind of LUG would be serve North
Western PA.

I wasn't around when WPLUG started but I'm sure glad it was here when
Linux found me. Remember you don't need to be a guru to get involved.
Have fun and see where this takes you.

One of the founders of WPLUG had cross-posted some advice regarding
forming a LUG. Take a minute to read this since it's good stuff.
http://www.wplug.org:8080/pipermail/wplug-plan/2003-June/001060.html

Above all, don't get frustrated if disagreements arise. By far, some of
our best changes have come from internal squabbles. It's kinda like when
you and your best friend back in school got into a fight but when you
made up the friendship was even better than it was before.

This very well may be the 3rd honest attempt at an Erie LUG, but 3
times a charm. If you believe it, it will happen.

I will continue to lurk on this list to see how this all pans out.

Best of Luck!

Beth Lynn