[wplug-erie] Erie LUG Install Fest Signup & directions !

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Mon Apr 19 23:44:49 EDT 2004

Hello,

Sorry it took far longer than 24 hours but here we go.

First, I have a few questions for the Mercyhurst folks:

What is the exact location of the installfest?

Is this indeed in the smart classroom in the Hirt Center?

What is the room number?

What floor?

May we post signs around the building so that people will know where to
go?

Can we access the parking lot next to Briggs Avenue?

Do you have access to a cart that we could borrow for hauling in
computers?

Are you providing the router and switches?

General installfest advice

You will need to have a setup crew of about 3 people. Ideally they would
be there an hour before the event starts. Lots to do: Setup tables and
chairs, Get the router working and plug in switches, and hang signs.

If you want to have a good CYA policy just in case someones windows data
is trashed,
There are some good forms at the bottom of this page.
http://www.xml-dev.com/xml/LDP/InstallFestHowTo.html

If you want to use the overhead for something, a brave volunteer can put
their install on the overhead. That person must be prepared to answer
questions about that distro along with basic installation issues (boot
loaders, partitioning theory, X configuration, etc) This is nice to do but
it takes some planning ahead.

Its nice to have some other activities on hand for the installfest. (oh
Dave, could you please bring your card games?)

Set some time aside for talking about planning issues. I'm sure you folks
don't lack things to talk about.

If someone has their heart set on a particular distro, please let me know
and I will download it and bring it with me. I estimate about 5 Pittsburgh
folks to be in attendance. We will do our best as installfest veterans to
help out.

Also coming with me is a care package of all sorts of goodies that lugs
need. Cat-5 cables, tape, media,etc

Closer to Saturday I'll send a more specific RSVP. Until then, please do
count me in!

If anyone needs anything, please ask!

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher