[wplug-erie] venue advice

Just Bill bill at justbill.org
Tue Apr 13 21:53:18 EDT 2004

Everybody,

Once again I'm going to give my opinion which is sometimes very off the
mark, but please correct me if I"m wrong.  I'm going to answer these
questions to the best of my abilities.

Question 1-a.  I was to understand that intallfests were an extreme
learning enviroment.  Some of us may know alot, or none at all, but with
the group and internet, we should be able to answer most questions.
Question 1-b.  We should make it very clear that at this point. WE CAN
NOT guarentee that you will not lose your Microsoft
information/partitions.  While some of us may be quite good at
installing, no guarantee can be made.  If you are sketchy about this
point, don't install anything.

Question 2.  I would say any you want.  I'll be bringin a coulple of
copies of what I have (i.e. Slackware 9.2, Debian, and of course my
favorite Knoppix).  You want something we don't have, bring it, its a
learning experience.  Don't be afraid to ask, I can download and burn
some copies as can most of us.

Question 3.  We should all do publicity.  I have flyers going up at
Edinboro college, and if Chris still has all the email addresses of the
people he emailed the first time, email them again.  Word of mouth is
still our currently best option because it's free.

Question 4.  IMHO a presentation at an install fest isn't whats really
needed.  I once again will jump off the deep end of thinking again (I
need to stop doing that, my head is begining to hurt) and say if your
coming to an install fest you probably have some idea of what you want,
or after seeing what other poeple do for the first hour, they'll want to
try something different.

Well, those are my thoughts on the issue, time now for everbody to chime
in.

Bill
www.justbill.org

p.s.  I'll get the ErieLUG links on my page soon so my website will
actually mean something in these emails.