[wplug-erie] InstallFest @ Mercyhurst College.

Lukasz Karapuda mlists at karapuda.com
Tue Apr 6 19:08:17 EDT 2004

Hello Guys,

I have talked to the College administration today about hosting the
InstallFest for the Erie LUG. I was able to make a reservation for the
Saturday April 24, 9 AM - 5:30 PM. This is what we can have:

1. "Smart classroom" in the Hirt Center acedemic building. Features
included:
- podium (desktop PC, WinXP, seiling-mounted LCD projector, special laptop
plugin to the LCD projector, 3 ethernet ports);
- normal desks (i have to check what size);
- room is air conditioned;
- bathroom available in the hallway;
- the IT dept. will give us our own Cisco Wireless Access point as well as
an additional switch (if ethernet access preferred).

2. No food is permitted in the classroom. However we can easily go and eat
in the cafeteria, or 3 other locations on campus during lunch time.

3. Parking is available next to the Hirt Center building (the installfest
location).

What needs to be done before i can confirm the reservation:

1. LUG needs to make a decision if we want Mercyhurst as the location.
2. We need to get an idea of how many people will come - have a signup via
mailing list wplug-erie at wplug.org.
3. Need to bring some extension cords for the the power outlets as well own
ethernet cable if somebody wants to use ethernet instead of wireless access.
4. Maybe reserving a Computer Lab is a better idea? It simplifies the issue
of network and power plugs, however creates less space for the PC's brought
by the LUG users.

So what do you think?

Lukasz Karapuda