[wplug-bsd] Net configuration still not working

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Jul 12 09:05:36 EDT 2005

Ok, I have a few suggestions.  One is that your netstat output seems to
indicate that things are working at the ethernet level.  But the 'Flags'
for 192.168.1.20 indicate the Host or net [is]unreachable.

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif
Expire
192.168.1          link#1             UC          0        0   pcn0
192.168.1.1        link#1             UHLW        0        3   pcn0
192.168.1.2        00:60:b0:f0:69:d0  UHLW        0        4    lo0
192.168.1.20       link#1             UHRLW       0        8   pcn0

After attempting the pings from both the gateway and laptop what is the
output from 'arp -an' on both computers?  Do you have an ethernet
crossover cable, or a basic hub, to try to get the WRT54GS out of the
picture?  Did you disable the firewall on the WRT54GS?

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086