[wplug-bsd] Dumb question: "no route to host" but why?

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:27:21 EDT 2005

I've gotten as many as 4 EEPro cards to work together in one Linux box.
I really can't explain why they sometimes cooperate and many times they
won't, but I've seen it happen across operating systems (Linux, BSD, and
Windows).  But considering other hardware flakiness I guess it's not so
bad; one of the biggest head scratchers I've ever seen was a hard drive
that would work in any room but the data center.

If you do a 'man xl' you'll see the chipsets the driver covers.
Personally I don't feel it's a driver problem but a hardware resource
problem.  I don't have any specific evidence about that though.  Perhaps
you know somebody that would be willing to trade ethernet cards?  I'm
fairly sure all my spares at home are EEPro.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086