[wplug-bsd] Tunneling X across multiple SSH hops?

Dan Pelleg daniel at pelleg.org
Sat Apr 16 01:48:46 EDT 2005

"Vanco, Don" <don.vanco at agilysys.com> writes:

> Anyone have a quick-n-dirty set of instructions for getting X to "play
> nice" across multiple SSH hops?  Trying to get X from system "C" to
> display on system "A" after hoping via system "B".  If it's not obvious,
> these boxes are on private networks such that there's no way for "A" to
> get to "C" without the divine intervention of "B".  I had thought this
> would be simple, but I can't seem to fathom what's required.
>
> Thnx
> Don

Not 100% ssh, but you can try VNC. Start a server on C, then on A start a
client using -tunnel (tridiavnc) or -via (tightvnc) to B. Note you won't
get any encryption on the B-C section.

Coming to think of it, you can try forwarding the VNC port with SSH, and
that should chain, at least in theory.

--

  Dan Pelleg