[wplug-bsd] first BSD

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Sat Sep 18 16:40:50 EDT 2004

Chris Romano <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:22:50 -0400, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> > Chris Romano <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > > Is 5.3 the release that will have ACL in it by default? I am not
> > > talking about file ACLs but system ACLs.  Like Pitbull LX
> > > (http://www.argus-systems.com/)?
> >
> > Do you mean this?:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mac.html
> >

> Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for.  Is that for 5.3 or does
> it currently support that?  If so, have you had any experience with
> it?

This was added to 5.x at some point during it's development ... not sure
exactly when, but it's there in 5.3, and possible 5.2 as well.

Tom Rhodes is on this list, and he wrote that section of the handbook.
I don't have much experience with MAC yet, but I'm sure he can answer
questions.  I know for a fact that he's out of town for the weekend, so
you're unlikely to hear from him until Monday or later.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies