[wplug-bsd] [newbie] How to un-screw my ports?

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 13 11:44:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:00:52 -0400
Mark Dalrymple <wplug at badgertronics.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've got a FreeBSD system (4.10-RELEASE #0), and I've done something
> Bad with regards
> to my ports.  Lately, every time I've tried to build something
> (specifically dia,
> and openoffice 1.1), I get an error in some Low Level Fundamental
> Place, like
> I get a segv in python (when trying to get dia) or a "bootstrap
> comparison failure!" making /usr/ports/lang/gcc32 for openoffice.
>
> Is there a way to say "flush any ports I may have built / installed and
> let me start over from scratch"?

Have you used any method to upgrade your ports collections via
the Internet?  Perhaps CVSup or CTM?

What version of GCC are you currently using?

Have you tried running the sysutils/portupgrade utility to
see if that helps you out at all?

--
Tom Rhodes