[wplug-bsd] Fdisk? formatting ext2 partitions as ufs

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Fri Nov 5 03:16:01 EST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Bill Moran wrote:

> > So no fdisk - all I need to do is newfs?  Ahh, that's lovely.
>
> I don't think so.  At the most, you may have to use fdisk to change the
> partition type from ext2 to ufs, but newfs may do that for you.  I can't
> see any need to repartition in any event.

I did actually need to do a little bit of work.  I used /stand/sysinstall
to reType the drives, but that didn't work -- I had to delete and recreate
the slices, and then use disklabel to create the partitions (to which it
automatically assigned the label 'e' -- go fig).  But then it newfs'd them
just fine.

And I performed some major maintenance, without losing a single byte! as
far as I know.  I am now running an all-ufs system.

-Brandon