[wplug-bsd] Signal 11

Ghataora, Hardeep hghataora at ccac.edu
Mon May 3 10:51:26 EDT 2004

Hey,

Anyone know why I'm getting a signal 11 when installing FreeBSD 4.9 or
5.1, right after the hard disk formatting is complete I get a 'I caught
a signal 11'. The only OS that does this is FreeBSD, other BSDs, and all
LINUX work fine. The spec is as follows.

HP Brio BA410 (yeah, i know, well, it was free)
GeForce MX AGP
Intel Pro 10/100+ NIC
512MB RAM (in 2x256MB matched memory modules, tried mismatching them
too)
Creative/Ensoniq AudioPCI card
40 GB Western Digital IDE hard disk (cable select, primary channel)
Floppy drive
2 CD-ROMs (IDE) (both on cable select, secondary channel)

I've googled with little luck, any thoughts or pointers would be great.

---
Hardeep Ghataora (Systems Administrator/Programmer III)
Community College of Allegheny County, College Office (www.ccac.edu
<http://www.ccac.edu/> )
Tel: 412.237.2230 / Cell: 412.310.7904