[wplug-bsd] Fw: OT: Beastie makes a cameo appearance on apple.com.

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Jun 28 17:23:44 EDT 2004

I was pretty surprised by this.  Considering the large number of Mac users in
the WPLUG community, I thought this might be of interest.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, Apple has forsaken the MACH kernel in favor
of a new kernel based on FreeBSD 5.

I have to admit, I'm pretty damn impressed!  My understanding was that
Mach was possibly the most advanced kernel design available ... the fact
that Apple is switching to a BSD 5 based kernel is pretty wild.

Begin forwarded message: