[wplug-bsd] FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE Printer Issues

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Wed Nov 19 09:25:46 EST 2003

Have you tried sending the postscript output through a filter and
directly to the ulpt device?  You'll need both a2ps and ghostscript
installed to try this example.

	$ a2ps -o /var/tmp/test.ps < /etc/rc.conf
	$ cat /var/tmp/test.ps | gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -q -sDEVICE=hpdj
-sOutputFile=- > /dev/ulpt0

You'd have to change "hpdj" to the appropriate filter for your printer.
Run 'gs -h' to get a list of filters.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office