[wplug-bsd] Getting multiple copies of messages

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 18 13:52:45 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:34:16 -0500
Benjamin Slavin <bslavin_list at wavecrazy.net> wrote:

> Recently I have been receiving multiple copies of messages sent to the
> wplug-bsd list. However, it doesn't happen with every message.
>
> I've checked the mail-logs, and have verified that I am actually being
> sent multiple copies, and it isn't something with my mail client.
>
> Has anyone else been having this problem? If so, how did you fix it?
>
> wplug-bsd at wplug is not copied to wplug at wplug, correct? These are the
> only two lists to which I am currently subscribed.

I think what is happening is that the list is getting CC:ed or you
are getting CC:ed.  Thus, you get the message sent to the list and
the copy send to you.  This is also my fault, I'm used to not removing
the 'To' line.

--
Tom Rhodes