[wplug-bsd] FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE Printer Issues

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Nov 18 11:11:21 EST 2003

Benjamin Slavin wrote:
> I have reinstalled FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, and installed apsfilter, hpijs,
> ghostscript, (and dependencies) from their respective ports.
>
> I have disconnected all other USB devices in the hope that maybe there
> was too much "chatter" on the USB channel, but alas, this was not the
> case... it still prints small portions of the page, then loads a new
> page, then continues. Additionally, when printing a test page from
> apsfilter's setup program, the breaks are at identical locations every
> time.
>
> As I had stated previously, this printer worked with other operating
> systems on the same computer, so I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions you
> have would be greatly appreciated.

I'm out of suggestions.  I also did a search on +freebsd +usb + printer
and it appears as though you're not the only one who's had problems.

Sounds like it's time to file a PR.  Do you have any experience filing
Problem Reports with the FreeBSD team?  If not, feel free to contact
me and I'll help you with the process.  The man page for send-pr is a
good introduction.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies