[wplug-bsd] Sound Card

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Nov 17 20:59:38 EST 2003

Thanks dude !!!

A visit to the link you gave put me on the path to enlightenment.

I modified /boot/loader.conf for the following:

snd_sbc_load="YES"
snd_pcm_load="YES"

Strangely, the sb16 module was not used - hmmmmm ?!??!?

I needed to specify the non-plug-and-pray parameters and found
the /boot/device.hints file and added the following:

hint.sbc.0.at="isa"
hint.sbc.0.port="0x220"
hint.sbc.0.irq="5"
hint.sbc.0.drq="1"
hint.sbc.0.flags="0x15"

I rebooted (just to be sure it was going to work from a cold start)
and the devfs did the rest.

/dev/dsp appeared and KDE3 now has sound.

Thanks for pointing out the online documentation,

Bob