[wplug-bsd] FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT + nVidia driver problem

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Nov 11 12:34:03 EST 2003

Benjamin Slavin wrote:
> Thanks for the input guys.
>
> I do have a question, though: I was under the impression that there was
> not a 5.1-STABLE branch (probably incorrectly assumed). I thought this
> because, on the ports page, it lists the options for 4.8-RELEASE,
> 4.9-RELEASE, 4.9-STABLE, 5.0-RELEASE, 5.1-RELEASE, and 5.1-CURRENT.

These are the only ports that have man pages and packages build for them.

In theory, any version of the ports tree should be compatable with any
version of FreeBSD, although this doesn't 100% occur in practice, it
works quite often.

> If there is a -STABLE branch for 5.1, I'll happily use it (and hope my
> sound card works).

Yes, there is a patch branch for 5.1 (if that's what you mean) although
it doesn't really seem to fit into the development model.  Use
RELENG_5_1 for your cvsup tag.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies