[wplug-board] "Mystery package" at the post office

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Sep 21 15:50:54 EDT 2016

Before last night's board meeting, Vance checked the PO box, and found a
notification that we had a package to pick up.  Which is odd, since we
were not expecting anything.  The notice was dated August 31st (again,
the long delay in finding it because we weren't expecting a package), so
there was some doubt as to whether the post office would still have it
there, or if whatever it was would have been returned to sender.

I went to the post office this afternoon to check.  Indeed, we did
receive a package, and they had not returned it to sender.  The package
actually had my name specifically on it, as I was the one who requested
it.  The package we received was our Software Freedom Day promotional
kit.  From 2013....  I requested it, and it never arrived - I knew the
promotional kits were "first come, first served" and were in limited
quantity, so I really didn't think anything of not getting it - I
figured they just ran out.  But no, it actually was sent to us....

The package originated in China, and the original postmark date was
August 19th, 2013.  It arrived at our PO box on August 31st, 2016. More
than three years in transit.... ;-)

--Pat.