[wplug-board] FYI - Linode downtime window false-alarm ... ;-)

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Wed Jul 20 10:33:06 EDT 2016

The Linode security advisory and downtime window I discussed last night
(at the board meeting) was actually a false alarm (for us, anyway).  The
upgrade ticket I received from Linode actually pertained to one of my
own personal VPS's, not the WPLUG VPS.

The Xen security advisory is not applicable to our VPS, as we've already
migrated to KVM.

If anyone (else) out there has personal VPS's on Linode that are still
on Xen, you'll probably soon get a "spontaneously opened" support ticket
to migrate your VPS to a server that's been patched, if you haven't
gotten such a support ticket already.

Copying wplug-internet for awareness (even though they don't have all
the background - can probably glean it from context here.... ;-) )

--Pat.