[wplug-board] January board meeting

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Mon Jan 12 13:30:20 EST 2015

The conference call code that we have been using for our meetings (when
we do so) is actually my own personal conference call code - it's not
connected with IBM (I won't use my IBM conference bridge for such
things, as you can imagine...).

The reason we've used this (rather that some kind of VoIP solution) is
to ensure that the appropriate folks can participate from an actual
telephone, without having to set up any VoIP solution. (Though the
conference bridge we've used for these meetings does have VoIP access
for those who are inclined, as long as they can stomach the requirement
to access from a browser with a Flash plugin installed....)  It's good
for people to have the skills to do that (e.g., it's easy enough to do
this with a number of SIP clients, even if we don't host it ourselves) -
I just don't want the possession of those skills and the ability to use
them to be a condition of participation.

--Pat.