[wplug-board] GUM meeting and maybe we should not...

Joe Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 11:47:46 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Stanley C Slomberg
<scslomberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Under the circumstances, Hack Pittsburgh should make allowances for this
> particular time. Joe, It makes sense!  I want to see a big turnout for the
> GUMS as well as you do. No one knew that the weather would make it very very
> difficult to get there. I am pretty sure of not going today. But as a board
> member, I am always glad to be part of WPLUG and obligated for all events
> barring sickness and previous engagements.  Marchs GUM, I have a previous
> engagement, starts at 12 in Greensburg PA

Well, I don't think they necessarily need to make allowances, but yes,
that would certainly be nice.  In any case, not sure who all will
chime in before the meeting, but I'm in favor of canceling.  That
said, it's not a ton of notice, and I can't make an executive call
here, since being chair doesn't give me such powers.

I think for now we should say the meeting is on, but it won't be
heavily attended.  I'm pretty sure I won't make it, and neither will
Pat.  Obviously the meeting will effectively get canceled if John or
another Hack Pittsburgh member does not make it to the meeting in
order to open the doors.

In any case, at the next board meeting I think we need to discuss a
cut-off time to cancel a meeting and who can make the call on whether
to cancel or not in the case where not all of the board members are
able to voice their opinion.

- joe