[wplug-board] Room for October GUM

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Sat Oct 4 23:31:40 EDT 2014

Yeah, that sounds about right. Be sure to include something about
ordering food. (We won't be footing the bill this time, but it's still worth
mentioning.)

After the presentation is over, the IT storage closets at Pittsburgh
Filmmakers will be open for anyone who would like to take home a Mac
Mini, MacBook, Mac G5, or any of the other old Macs we have. These Macs
will /not/ run any remotely modern version of OS X, but they might be fun to
rig with Linux.

We'll also have a small selection of power cables and possibly monitors.
One of our staff members let me know that we'll be receiving roughly 50
monitors from another organization in the area, so we'll be looking to rid
ourselves of the 4:3 VGA monitors that are currently in use in some of our
Mac labs.

Tell people that if they'd like more information about the Mac giveaway,
they can contact me directly at digital at pghfilmmakers.org.

--
*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not;
nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will
not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is
full of educated derelicts."/

/-Calvin Coolidge/

> Justin Smith wrote:
> > Since PF is only open from 10:00 - 2:00 on Saturdays, my boss insisted
> > on booking us from 10-2 instead of 11-1. We should be good to go.
Let's