[wplug-board] May board meeting time/location

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Tue May 6 11:53:40 EDT 2014

I don't think there would be enough time to squeeze in the board
meeting on the 19th. Besides, after the presentation is over, there may
be an opportunity to rub shoulders with people from Pittsburgh
Filmmakers. Some of the people here are genuinely curious about
Linux.

It might actually be good to meet on the 20th so we can talk about this
event while it's still fresh in our minds. If this works, I think it should
serve as the blueprint for what we should do for the next GUM. I don't
necessarily mean that we should hold it at Filmmakers; I mean that we
should try to team up with other local organizations to increase our
visibility.

Speaking of visibility, we may be able to get some extra exposure
courtesy of Pittsburgh Filmmakers social media. At the all-staff meeting
we had this morning, one of the women who works with our PR said
that if we have personal news that involves PF/PCA in any way, we
should get in touch with the appropriate people to get mentions on our
official Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. Once I have a room picked out, I'll
make sure to talk with her about that.

--
*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into committees.
That'll do them in!"/
/-Author Unknown/