[wplug-board] A potential presentation I could do...

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 10:16:33 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Pat Barron <pat at lectroid.com> wrote:
> In revisiting some work I did some time ago (that turns out to still be
> relevant... ;-) ), I realize I could potentially do a presentation about
> it.  The working title would be, "Deconstructing Mozilla Add-Ons".  It
> would be an overview of some exploration I've done about taking existing
> Mozilla add-ons, taking them apart, changing them around, and putting
> them back together again to use.

Very cool.  I'm generally into this kind of thing, myself.  By that, I
mean kind of "hacking" on something to get it to work, as it would
obviously work otherwise if it had been updated by the author.
Obviously you would go much more in depth though about it, and
probably mention best practices and the like.

> I can't say that I'm "itching" to do this presentation (though I'm
> certainly happy to if there's specific interest in the topic), but I did
> realize that it's something I've done some work with that others might
> find useful and practical, and I'm glad to present it if we need
> additional programming to flesh out our schedule.

I've been thinking of maybe doing a talk on Fossil SCM
<http://fossil-scm.org/>, or maybe just a general DVCS rundown
comparing something like the top 5 open source options to consider.

In any case, I definitely like your idea for a talk, as it is
definitely something different and interesting.

- joe