[wplug-board] OpenStreetMap connections

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Sun Jun 1 21:55:57 EDT 2014

Talk with them individually. Simply asking them to join our mailing list may
not generate sufficient interest.

There are already public communication resources out there, such as the
wiki you linked to, and each person must know that he isn't the only
person in Pittsburgh to be active in OpenStreetMap. What has held them
back from working cooperatively on a larger scale is most likely a lack of
initiative - you explained what happened after the PittOSM guy left - and
resources.

We can supply both. Tell them that there are people in WPLUG who want to
learn about OpenStreetMap and others who, though they don't want to
participate themselves, would like to help the participants. We can also
offer local exposure through our mailing lists. All we need to make this
event a success is a little grassroots participation.

That's how I'd put it anyway.

There are many creative ways that we could work OpenStreetMap into an
event. Maybe we could split into groups to map an uncharted area, see
what attractions are around, and hang out at a few of the more
interesting places. Ah, the possibilities!

--
*Justin Smith*
GNU/Linux System Administrator

/"Any fool can use a computer. Many do."/