[wplug-board] This evening's board meeting, and the weather...

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Tue Jan 21 11:06:36 EST 2014

Folks,

Unless the Chair cancels or postpones this evening's meeting, given that
I need to be there to host in the space we're using, I will get myself
there one way or another even if I need to take public transit to do it
(which, given the condition of the street outside my house and the fact
that no plows or salt trucks are in evidence, seems likely....).  I
would suggest, though, that there be a contingency plan in case I'm late
due to factors outside of my control (like buses that are late or don't
come).  My suggestion would be that if I'm late, that any attendees sync
up at the 61C Cafe until I arrive (because you won't be able to get into
the space until I get there, and it'll be so cold that you really should
go somewhere to keep warm in the meantime).  I will tape a sign to the
door upon my arrival, so you'll be able to tell whether I'm there or not.

Just on a personal note, I do encourage everyone to be smart about
traveling to the meeting if the snow continues.  Don't try to drive if
there's any doubt in your mind about whether it's safe to do so, and if
you come in a non-driving kind of way, remember that the temperatures
this evening will be dangerously cold - so bundle up. ;-)  The meeting
is important, but it's not worth getting into an accident or getting
frostbite in order to make it.

--Pat.