[wplug-board] Another thought on upcoming meeting

Justin Smith justin at adminix.net
Sat Jan 18 22:04:09 EST 2014

We don't necessarily have to make our next meeting entirely about
automation software. I don't know how you deploy Juju, but with Puppet,
it's probably good to set up a dedicated virtual machine for the
"puppetmaster" server that directs the Puppet clients. Maybe we could
present Juju (or Puppet, one of the two) and virtualization instead of
two presentations about automation software.

I mean, if we're going to do a hands-on event the following month, we'll
probably be playing with virtual machines anyway. Right? People aren't
going to bring production systems to something like that.

Just a thought.
--

JUSTIN SMITH

"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work
done."
-Linus Torvalds