[wplug-board] Created a Gittip account

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Tue Jan 14 03:55:32 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 11:10:29PM -0500, Justin Smith wrote:
> I suggest we vote on final approval during our board meeting next
> Tuesday. Maybe you can include that in your email notice for the
> meeting, Joe.

Good initiative, Joe.  I agree that organizationally we need to
approve this action before we link our bank account.  Not only to
validate it, but to get it on the minutes so it's not forgotten
about.  Next Tuesday would be a good opportunity to do so.

<https://www.gittip.com/about/terms/>
<https://www.gittip.com/about/terms/of-service.html>
<https://www.gittip.com/about/privacy/>

Deposits are done by ACH transfer.  My main question (maybe Pat
can contact the bank and ask?) would be whether an ACH transfer
can be done *out* of our account without explicit authorization of
the transaction.

I would be concerned that a hack could result in our account being
cleaned out and we would have no recourse (since Gittip's terms
require us to indemnify them).

Other than that, I don't see any show-stoppers.

> Say, where are we having the board meeting? I guess we should probably
> decide on that before sending out a reminder. Don't we all work
> downtown at this point?

I work in South Park.  I can come downtown, but 7:00 is probably
the earliest I can make it.  Of course a conference call works
too, but in-person is preferred if possible.