[wplug-board] Created a Gittip account

Joseph Prostko joe.prostko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:04:24 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Pat Barron <pat at lectroid.com> wrote:
> The way we have handled similar things in the past is that if there is a
> Terms Of Service or the like that the organization is required to
> accept, the Board should discuss and approve this (as this is
> effectively entering into a contract on behalf of the organization); at
> that point, the Chair can sign the contract (in the case of an online
> TOS, "sign" would be "push the 'accept' button"), or can delegate that
> authority to someone else for a specific instance.

There is a terms of service, but it was not required to read through
in order to sign up.  It's basically a matter of linking an account,
and then the account is created.

Here is the ToS though: https://www.gittip.com/about/terms/

> Once established, I don't believe anything further must be done to
> authorize the Treasurer to add the financial info, as this is part of
> the routine financial management activities that the Treasurer is
> already authorized to do.  Though it may be desirable to have a brief
> discussion among the Board about whether we think that's a good idea or not.

Yeah, I guess I did jump the gun a bit, so we should certainly discuss
things.  If we decide not to go through with it, I can just terminate
the account, which I think is accomplished by unlinking all of your
accounts you are linked to.  I'm not quite sure yet without actually
trying it, however.

- joe