[wplug-board] MediaWiki skin

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Wed Feb 19 23:47:35 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 09:54:02PM -0500, Justin Smith wrote:
> [...]I don't think Erudite would be a drop-in solution. (And that's
> fine.) I'd like to play around with it to see how we can get it to
> look.

Sure, futz with it however you'd like.  The released version (1.18)
of the skin is in my home directory on the server, in case you need
to start from a clean slate.

> The only other theme (currently installed) that appeals to me is
> Vector, and I think that's just Wikipedia's more contemporary take
> on their old design.

Yes, it's the default for current versions of MediaWiki.  We stuck
with monobook, which was the default for older versions.  Changing
to vector would be trivial.

You can go through some other available skins, but to be honest I
had a tough time finding any that were attractive and decently
maintained.  <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins>
<https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Skin:Main_Page>
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Gallery_of_user_styles>