[wplug-board] March meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Feb 7 00:03:28 EST 2014

OK, on to March!  Charles Butler has agreed to do a presentation
on Juju on the 8th.  Do we have a meeting room booked?  Are we
going to try to arrange this as a joint event with SNAPGH?

He says (see edited message below) that there are two ways he can
go.  The workshop format needs a minimum of 90 minutes and is a
hands-on exercise requiring Internet access.  It involves
attendees setting up Juju on their own systems.

The other option, which I consider to be the more appropriate, is
an ordinary 45-minute presentation followed by Q&A.  I think our
crowd is less likely to be asking the question "how do I set up
and implement Juju" and more likely thinking "what is Juju?"

So which format do we want to go with?

----- Forwarded message from Charles Butler <chuck at dasroot.net> -----

I could do a quick 15 to 20 minute introduction of Juju, and then hold a
workshop or Charm School as we call it here in Canonical to get people
started writing their own infrastructure with Juju charms.  The entire
system is fairly straight forward once you have a few of the core
concepts down. Canonical runs Charm Schools for businesses looking to
get started and this would be an excellent place to start with the
technical minds of the WPLUG community. But all of this is predicated on
them having access to Ubuntu, and internet connectivity.

If that's not an option that's no problem. I can go into depth on some
deployments, bundles, Juju tips and tricks I've uncovered in my journey,
and touch a little bit on the Juju community at large.

How long is the presentation docket? I could hold my own for about 45
minutes speaking to the crowd, if its workshop based I would require an
hour and a half minimum.

----- End forwarded message -----