[wplug-board] October Board of Directors meeting

Pat Barron pat at lectroid.com
Sun Oct 13 23:32:52 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 12:42 PM, Justin Smith wrote:

> The next meeting of the WPLUG Board of Directors will take place this
> Tuesday, October 15th. Based on past precedent, I presume it will take
> place over IRC. What time should we start? Would it help if we met
> late again?

Do you mean conference call (as opposed to IRC)?  As that's been our
mode of meeting last few months...

It would be best for me to meet later in the evening (like, after 8:00pm
- even later, if possible) - but if the general consensus is to meet
earlier, I could take the meeting at the office (i.e., before even
attempting to go home...).

> Speaking of the Web site...at yesterday's meeting, I showed off the
> "dummy site" I put together on WPLUG's instance of WordPress. When the
> conversation turned to which theme we were eventually going to use, I
> couldn't remember when actually voted to approve the money for doing so.
>
> Well, try as I might, I couldn't find anything in the past several
> months' board minutes where we voted to buy the LesPaul
> <http://themeforest.net/item/lespaul-retina-responsive-wordpress-theme/4083224?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=webmandesign>
> WordPress theme. Could it be that we talked about it in CRW but never
> formally approved it?

Hmm....  I was sure we had done so (was thinking we'd done so at the
very last meeting we had at Panera on McKnight Road), but I could be
mistaken.  If that's the case (that we didn't approve this), we should
discuss this during the meeting.

--Pat.